AdWords
4.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

'a required account column is missing' error when importing ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Im am new to Adwords and editor and have looked for the an answer to my problem for hours but can solve it - hope someone can help.

I havent used my adwords account for 8 months as I sell a seasonal product. My account is suspended due to repeated ad violations which appear to be old text ads (2600 of them) not containing the final url. I downloaded Adwords editor and bulk exported the adverts using the option 'export as expanded text ads'.  I saved the file without altering it. I then tried to import them by using the 'import' tab in account manager, selecting the file. This brings a window up and an error message 'a required account column is missing'

I didnt alter the file between exporting to import. During the export the export the 'final url' was populated as it should be. I havent filled in the 2nd headline or 'path1 & 2 columns

Any idea what the error is and how to overcome it? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike W
June 2017

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

If you delete an ad, it's gone - status and all. I suppose I don't understand the question.

There is no such thing as a "main campaign". You can run each campaign whenever it's ready, independently of the others.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Import from Accounts Manager window is designed for importing a single data file into multiple accounts at once. For that reason, it expects an Account column in the file, with the account ID for each row.

For "regular" single-account import, open the account you want to import into, then choose Account > Import > From File from the menu.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

There is only 1 account in the editor so it opens in the required account automatically (the account is shown across the top of the window). I then click on the 'Account' tab (top left in window). In the dropdown I hover over 'Import' but the 2 options appear to be 'greyed out'

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

This means the account is in "Review changes" or "Review proposals" mode. The account enters the former after Get Recent Changes (giving you the opportunity to review what has changed on the server since last sync), and the latter after import (so you can review the changes proposed by the imported file).

There should be a band across the top, with the color legend and one or two buttons - Done or Keep/Reject depending on mode. After you finished reviewing changes, click one of those buttons to exit the review mode, then you would be able to import.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

That has worked - thanks for the explanation.

The campaign now has both the text ads and the expanded text ads - presumably I can now delete the original text ads out of the campaign - will this leave all the 'paused' and 'Enabled' settings the same

Also the main campaign in the account paused and is in forign languages. it now requires a 2nd headline in all the ads which will take some time.

I want to enable a smaller campaign in the account which now complies with all the policies. will Google take the suspension off the account now of do I have to sort out all the adds in the paused campaigns?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike W
June 2017

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

If you delete an ad, it's gone - status and all. I suppose I don't understand the question.

There is no such thing as a "main campaign". You can run each campaign whenever it's ready, independently of the others.