AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone

Many of my keywords are getting this message in AdWords.

I understand it when some keyphrases have a quality score of 3 or 4. However some of the phrases have a QS of 7 and a high bid amount. I see no reason why this should apply for these phrases?

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do, I'm a bit at a loss with this!

Thanks,

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Laura B,

Though your bid is high and QS is 7 but still you are not able to win the ad auction as your competitors have better ad rank than you.

The QS will improve gradually but try to increase your bid amount to the top page bids or use the automatic bid strategy initially(Target search page location: top of the page).

Also, use all possible ad extensions as the system also incorporate the expected impact from your extensions and other ad formats when computing your Ad Rank.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Archit

Thank you for your response.

All my bids are set much higher than the top bid amounts and I am using the target search page location: top of page bid strategy.

I am also using all of the ad extensions possible for the account.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Laura

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The Ad rank is calculated each time your ad participates in the ad auction and a lot of signals are taken into consideration.

Are you getting the traffic on these keywords?

Have you tried changing the device in the Ad preview and diagnosis tool?

Is it visible to other devices?

Try searching the same query after modifying the location(within targeting location) in the Ad preview and diagnosis tool.

If you are targeting whole US then try after changing the location to any city in the US.

Also, try same keywords in different match types as more strict is the keyword match type more relevant it will be considered by the system.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’