AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why was the the ad I created yesterday deleted by google?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an account yesterday that I am almost positive did not violate Adwords Guidelines. I hit "save & finish" for the ad to go under a review before publication. I log onto my account the next day and when I go into ads, Google says that I have not created an ad but the campaign and keywords that I entered yesterday are still there. Furthermore, there was no notification from Google that they denied my ad. Google just deleted it and said I had not created one yet. Why?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Brett F,

Let's try to make a change to your account dashboard and see if the ad shows up. 

1) Open AdWords and click on the Ads tab. 

2) Look right above the red box that says: + Ad

3) Change the drop down menu to show All... not All enabled ads or All but removed.  

You should now see your ad and the status of it. 

Please note that the message you are seeing is generic for any campaign that does not have an active ad. This may mean that your ad is still under review or that it was reviewed and not approved. Google does not delete ads or access your account in this way. Only you or another user on the account can perform such actions. 

Can you tell us if it is a display ad, standard text ad or an expanded text ad... or another?

Kind Regards,

James 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Brett - James posts the most likely scenario above - your ad is simply hidden.

It is also perhaps possible (I've never seen it) but unlikely that Google deleted your ad; most likely it was never saved.

If following James tip doesn't reveal your ad, then I recommend repeating the process (perhaps with a quick/dummie ad) and pay special attention for any messages, or additional required dialogs after you click "save & finish". 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

That is a great point about it not saving, Steve. 

I have seen a slow connection process the save ad request slowly... and if the screen was closed out before it completed, the ad would be lost. 

Between all of the info supplied, I hope Brett sees some action.

All the Best,

James

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm betting that you nailed it.  Hopefully one of our ideas will resolve this for Brett.