4.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Why was my account suspended and why do I feel neglected?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I opened an account last week, and for some reason my account was suspended after 3-4 days because of suspicious payment activity. I am being 100 percent honest when I say that I gave them a valid debit card with more than enough funds on it. I made one payment and then decreased my daily budget because I cannot spend 100 dollars every day on advertising. Next thing I know I cant access my account. I called in 5 times and they keep telling me they cant tell me why it was suspended but that I can email the support team who I emailed 3 times and also doesn't seem to give a crap, because I emailed them and they say it will take around 3 business days to hear a response and It's been more than 3 business days, no response yet. I will continue to wait but if I cant reactivate my account, I will be furious! I love the adwords platform and how it works but Im not too thrilled about the customer support.

-A Frustrated Customer

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Lae F
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lae F,

Sounds like a horrible journey so far. 

Let's see...

1) You should use this form and send your feedback, issues, and complaints to Google. Since this forum is for technical support, your venting may help you feel better... but it won't help Google in helping you.

2) AdWords does not simply suspend an account just to do it. When they take this action, they are costing themselves money, as you can already guess. There has to be a logical reason for this action... which I can sense is part of your aggravation, since you would like to know what it is and correct it. Normally, the email they send has the clues as to what has happened and why. 

When you can you used your debit card, is is drawn on a bank in the United States or one out of the country? Have you reviewed your account with your bank to see if they declined the charges? Is the card in the same name as the AdWords account and for the same city (and location) as your billing info? 

Have you tried another support method? If you go to AdWords and log in, you can click on the gear icon in the uppoer right hand corner and then click on Help... and use one of the options shown.

Hope this helps and you get back advertising soon. 

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’