AdWords
2.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why it is so hard to cancel an adwords account?!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to register with Admob but it wont allow it because I have tow adwords account so decided to delete one of them.

After more than tow weeks of cancelling the account it is still there!

I don't know if my account is canceled or not, but it is still in the list when login 

There is no support to help on account cancellation and the help doc is not clear how long it will take to cancel an account

On sign-in I see reactivate the account but admob still see that there is multiple adwords accounts

Don't know what to  do

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Khalid A
July

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 12
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Okay adwords support called me..

Their suggestion was to Add another email as an admin to the adwords account then Terminate my email from administrating the adwords account..

Thank you all

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Technically the account is not deleted, but cancelled should you wish to reactive it in the future.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This means I will never be able to sign up in Admob with this account!!!

So no one can remove this account if so it like one way highway road!!!

Also why would someone needs to reactive deleted account if he have another adwrods account?

Actually I only use one adwords account and the second account created accidently from Google play store.  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

History has shown that there are many users who changed their mind, later on, and returned to AdWords.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

May be but still I can't sign-up with Admob because of multiple adword accounts .. Account created accidentally

So there is the need to solve this to be able to sign up with Admob

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Khalid A make sure your dues are not going pending. Mean to say that your payment should be cleared from adword account then you will be able to create AdMob account.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Nothing is pending as I never used this second Adword account..

The main problem is that they are saying cancelling an account may take several days and this is not correct as now it is more than two weeks and not days!!

The other thing is that no support to turn to in this matter as automatic replies for complains can't understand the issue

Am sure there are others facing problem with google support but prefers the silence.

Thank you

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Khalid A send feedback to adword team from your adword account with screenshot. then they will call you after some time.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I did that last week!!

Do you know how long would take to get a response?

Thank you

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

approximately 2-3 days they take to solve a problem.