AdWords
4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my ad showing differently in actual search compared to preview mode?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there!
I am wondering why is that? In preview my ad looks differently to the live version. For some reason the url address of the advertised web page is added into the headline in the live mode. It shouldn't be there, the url is already UNDER the headline. It doesn't look good like that. How do I remove it? Can you advise please?
With many thanks,
František Horváth

Snímek obrazovky 2016-11-04 v 20.10.19.pngThe live version.Snímek obrazovky 2016-11-04 v 20.14.37.pngThe actual data.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why is my ad showing differently in actual search compared to preview mode?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Google has number of formats to display  ads. Typically, you have no control over the format of the ad or the extensions that are shown. This is up to the algorithm to "decide"  about the ad format and the extensions to be shown to users. 

Many factors are taken in: the layout of the page (mobile vs. desktop...), the text in your ad and its  punctuation, the number of extensions you have on the campaign, and of course, your ad quality.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’