AdWords
3.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was creating an account for my client. I run numerous ads and have been for years. Upon account creation, i am asked for a credit card #. I put in one of my prepaid vanilla visas which i have done before, the reason i did was because i cant get past that initial screen without doing so. You should consider changing that.

There is nothing fraudulent about that card, it is a card i own, that i bought with my own $, i did not try to charge it, i was simply trying to move the next step.

I would like my account reviewed and taken out of suspension because there is no reason for it to be suspended. Waste my time making ad, exluding countries, cities, counties etc, do all my sitelink extensions etc, then to have it suspended 20 minutes later.

It may be that card was associated with one of my other accounts, i used it to make a deposit in it, but once again, i own that card, there is no fraudulent activity.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my account suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chris S;

To my knowledge prepaid card is not allowed; but, regardless of that:

What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue) 

Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Was any of your other accounts suspended?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Prepaid cards are allowed, i was just using a prepaid card so i could take the next step in creating the campaign, my client lives in Wilmington, NC with the hurricane coming and he got back to me a little late with his corporate card.

I believe the reason it got flagged is because i had that card in another account.

Prepaid cards are allowed i use them all the time, i believe it was flagged for the reason stated above. But no fraud involved, that card i put in had like  $1 or $2 on it, the campaign usually goes under review for a day or 2 so while i was waiting on my client to get back to me, i just went ahead and used it to open the account, i have done this before so only thing i can think of is because it was also in another account. But certainly not stolen seeing as i had bought that card with my own $ lol....

In addition to regular credit cards, you can also use a one-time use credit card (also known as virtual credit card). It's commonly used as an alternative to physical credit cards when making online payments. AdWords accepts these credit cards as long as they have a Visa or MasterCard logo. If you don't have a physical credit card, contact your bank to see if they offer them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The reason was the payment issue, fraudulent and or stolen card......... I have been running adwords for numerous years, never had any problem.....

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Chris,

I am sorry that you have to go through this. Usually, the AdWords system periodically check accounts to be sure they are not violating any of AdWords' policies.

Please check this information about Suspended Accounts.

I will also advise that you speak to a Google rep by phone, email or chat. (S)he will be able to figure out what is wrong with your account and advise you further.

I hope you get this resolved very quickly.

Best wishes,

Taslim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When your account is suspended if you try calling and you put in your 10 digit code it sends you to an automated reply about resolving it thru emails, that is why you cant call them.

I know the normal review procedures, this is different, they suspended the account, i have opened over 50 accounts thru the years, never had a problem, as i stated before my guess is because i had that vanilla card resting in another campaign that is paused.

I am sure it will get resolved, but it is the payment that caused it.....

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Chris S

As mentioned  in my initial reply, regardless of the payment method; the key to understand the case is in these questions:

1. What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue) 
  2. Please share the URL of the site suspended.
  3. Was any of your other accounts suspended?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had stated before it was the payment. I have done this similar procedure before.

And pre paid cards are allowed in adwords, like i said, i run numerous accounts, i'm not new at this

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375433?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

this is mainly a peer-to-peer forum.

forum-members can mainly offer suggestions based
on the information that has been posted here in public.

google does read posts but tends not to respond directly to any
account-specific issues here in the public forum -- especially
issues related to privacy, billing, payment, or suspensions.

generally, if a suspension has been appealed or re-reviewed by a person
at google for suspicious-behavior-in-payment-activity or related issues, or

any past suspensions, and the suspension is upheld, then the suspension

will be made permanent and no additional information or communication is

usually possible and all subsequent contact and replies will be automated

and automatic.

typically, if google determines there is any possibility for a
reinstatement, the reinstatement/appeal steps and contact

details will be directly within google's suspension email.

otherwise, after all issues have been addressed, google
may be contacted for an appeal of the suspension here --
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

I dont think prepaid cards are valid. 

regards,

Zab