AdWords
2.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why doesn't Google enable me to remove certain countries such as Syria Iran from my GDN campaign?!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a GDN campaign and unfortunately it is visible in countries that are not relevant such as Syria and some other countries.

Why doesn't google allow me to remove some these countries from my target??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why doesn't Google enable me to remove certain countries such as Syria Iran from my GDN campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Abruzzo T,

Chances are you are using the advanced location settings the wrong way and that's why your ads are also shown in countries you did not wish to target.

Please make sure they are set as shown below my sig.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture15jan.JPG

Why doesn't Google enable me to remove certain countries such as Syria Iran from my GDN campaign?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already excluded over 70 countries from my GDN campaign

When i try to exclude Iran and Syria those countries do not seem to appear

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I am not sure of how many countries the globe hosts. More than 150 I think. However, it's not very efficient to keep watching geo stats and excluding newly appearing countries. It's much easier to target your own country (e.g. the US) and apply the settings shown above.

If you don't, chances are just excluding countries will not help.

Lakatos