AdWords
3.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why does AdWords Editor hang when posting multiple changes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I think we all know how bad the new AdWords Editor is... from the countless bugs to the awful new design, but this is one issue I can't find a workaround for, and one that is essentially making editor useless...

I'm trying to upload activity into a new account, essentially the same activity as in another account, but with tracking etc tweaked. Upload an account snapshot, make the changes, then hit post changes and.... nothing happens. Even if left for hours.

I've tried exporting the account, removing it from AE and re-downloading before importing the account file via CSV, but this also doesn't work. Trying to only post a few changes (10-odd, instead of 100,000's) also doesn't work. Pausing or cancelling the 'change', also causes AE to crash.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this??? Better yet, when AdWords will be released much-needed patches or updates to the woeful new AdWords Editor?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why does AdWords Editor hang when posting multiple changes?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Oliver,
What version are you using?
Can you provide more detail? I'm not having any hanging issues on the latest version. There are a few issues but hanging when posting (and the new design IMHO) is not one of them.

What kind of changes are you posting?
If it's only 10, can you try download the entire account again, make the changes and see if that fixes it? Trivial "delete your cache and reboot" type if answer I know but best get the basics out of the way first.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply - I'm using the very newest AdWords Editor. Essentially the issue is that the editor really struggles with making bulk changes beyond one or two things. Have already tried redownloading the account and reapplying changes.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Oliver,
This is the thing, I've been making bulk (and I mean bulk) changes the past 48 hours on some massive accounts (thousands of campaigns) and it's handling them well. I'm really happy with the AWE teams releases and commitment to bug fixing and performance. I think they do a great job. If you're experiencing a bug, they will fix it. We have to find it though.

First step is trying to replicate it. So far, I can't do that with the information you have provided so I need to assume that it may be a problem with your install.

If I'm not experiencing this, it may be a case of having to do a reinstall. Removing everything and starting fresh.

I'm going to ask around some colleagues and peers to see if they are experiencing anything unusual.

Is this a new issue for you or has it been the case for a while?

Please provide more information so that we can get to the bottom of this. I understand that you're frustrated and unhappy. Hopefully we can figure this out so you can have the experience that I'm having.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A fair amount of time David, one of many MANY bugs in the latest version of AE. It's very frustrating as routine tasks are now taking hours, seemingly without any good reason