AdWords
5.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why do my banners appear distorted?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running into an issue with my banner ads (static .png images). I've uploaded a 250x250 banner, but I am getting reports from colleagues that they see our banner appear all distorted in real-life. Below you'll see the original and how this ad is actually being displayed on the web.

I've read other reports from users that mention that ads are being resized in order to fit an advertising slot, but I haven't seen any reports about this type of distortion.

What's wrong here?

TCCS_250x250_3_rollen_the_call_center_school.pngOriginal

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 11.26.55.pngDisplayed 2

Pasted image at 2017_01_12 11_40 AM.pngDisplayed 1

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Twan,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I'm not able to see the screenshots you shared. Could you try re-posting?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

You should be able to seem them now.

Thanks,

Twan

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Thanks, Twan. I'd like to escalate this to our technical team for you. 

Is there one particular website placement where you've seen this happening, or has it been multiple? If you can send us the website (or an example website where you've seen this), then we'll be able to dig into the system and get to the bottom of this.

Re: Why do my banners appear distorted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I have seen it myself on pixlr.com, which is where I took a screenshot. Does that help?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Thanks, Twan. Can you share the specific page on pixlr where you found this? If you have any specific geographic or device targeting set on this campaign, that would also be helpful to know. From there, I will try to recreate the issue on my end so that I can share this with the technical team. I'll let you know once I have an update on this.

If this is time-sensitive, you can also feel free to get in touch with the AdWords Team directly here and they'll be able to help as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for your help. The page was https://pixlr.com/editor/.

The banner was part of a retargeting campaign without any geographical restrictions, nor any device restrictions.

Thanks!

Twan

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hey Twan,

Thanks for your continued patience on this. I've shared your screenshots with our technical team, and they've said they would need some additional information to determine the exact cause.

I'd recommend contacting support directly (via phone, email, chat), as they'll be able to access your account and get you a quickest resolution.

Cassie