AdWords
3.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I get so many wrong numbers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had the same problem and I am not using a google tracking number.  They won't refund me either.. I paused my add again since I have been paying 60.00 per day and majority of calls were for other businesses. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JoAnne,

If you are not using a Google tracking number, have you investigated as to why you are getting so many wrong numbers?

Is your phone number newly assigned? 

Is your phone number going through a switchboard for your building or an answering service? 

Have you verified your phone number is correct with your account, Google My Business and G+?

Have you completely a Google Search for your phone number to see if it is listed wrongly by someone? 

Please note that using AdWords Express without a Google tracking number removes the issue from the ad system. You have to figure out why it is happening and resolve it. There are countless possibilities for your situation, where I have given a few of the most plausible ones.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I never got the wrong number calls until I started using adwords.  Thats  why its so frustrating.  I have spent hundreds of dollars on wrong number calls.  People have called saying they were trying to call a church, court house, local store..... I have no idea and google won't reimburse me for the money i'm out.  It wouldn't be such a big deal if it only cost 10 cents per click but for my house cleaning company its costing 3.75-9.00 per click! I've paused my add until google can figure out whats wrong and reimburses me.  I've spent days and a few hours chatting with support and they can't even figure out why this is happening.  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for the additional info.

It sounds like you are venting frustration, which I understand, more than asking for something specific from us here. 

I would still advise going back to my previous post and using the info I provided to try and investigate further. There is not much else I can offer. 

Best Wishes,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James.  Sorry yes I was venting.  When I first started with Adwords express we were using a google number.  The assistant helped me to put my own number there.  I was still getting these wrong numbers.  Then I thought maybe my add was showing up online with the google partners on places where the add might be close to another add and people were accidentally clicking on it so I changed it to only run on the google search page.  Nothing we did worked so I had the rep close down my adwords express.  Now I am only using adwords and am still having the same problem.  I have no idea whats going on.  I have searched my number and its only my business number. Thanks for you help.  If you have any other thoughts please let me know.  I really want to be able to use adwords.  Its nice having my business on the top of the search page.