AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I use the Keyword Planner without paying for a campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried setting up an account to use the keyword planner but it won't let me get anywhere but the campaign area unless I pay for it. Is there anyway around this? I don't want a campaign I just want to look at the keyword area? Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Kailey H,

As Steve correctly added, you cannot access Google AdWords Keyword Planner without using AdWords. Simply creating an account for the sole purpose of accessing it will not provide you with accurate info.

You can gain marketing insights with the a great Google product called Google Trends. It will allow you to research a subject, discover search terms, learn about the traffic of such searches... and you do not need to create anything at all. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
During Q3 2016 Google had to make a change to the keyword planning tool due to misuse. Accounts that are below a spending threshold per month are only able to see limited search volume information.

hth
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Kailey H,

As Steve correctly added, you cannot access Google AdWords Keyword Planner without using AdWords. Simply creating an account for the sole purpose of accessing it will not provide you with accurate info.

You can gain marketing insights with the a great Google product called Google Trends. It will allow you to research a subject, discover search terms, learn about the traffic of such searches... and you do not need to create anything at all. 

Kind Regards,

James