AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I "cancel" the Adwords campaign setup to research keyword planner?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to do keyword search, but when I started my adwords acccount, I apparently chose to "create my first adwords campaign". Now that I have started the process of creating the campaign, I cannot cancel that process. I need to do a lot of keyword research before I try to create my first campaign, but Google does not provide me an option for this. I have tried clean browsers, new sessions, etc., but as soon as I log in with my email address, Google immediately pulls me back into the campaign and is basically forcing me to pay for the service. How can I get out of this and to a place where I can first do my research?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It just doesn't work that way anymore.  During Q3 2016 Google had to make a change to the keyword planning tool due to misuse. Accounts that are below a spending threshold per month are only able to see limited search volume information.

Google does offer the enhanced Google Trends tool, (https://www.google.com/trends/) and there are plenty of 3rd party keyword research tools (some free). 

hth

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It just doesn't work that way anymore.  During Q3 2016 Google had to make a change to the keyword planning tool due to misuse. Accounts that are below a spending threshold per month are only able to see limited search volume information.

Google does offer the enhanced Google Trends tool, (https://www.google.com/trends/) and there are plenty of 3rd party keyword research tools (some free). 

hth