AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why can I target a country if the language is not supported

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Why is it possible to target a country that the language is not supported, For example I can target Albania but the Albanian Language is not supported. and the suggested language are IT and En for this specific one.

My ads are in Albanian why do I create them in IT or EN for Albania ???!!!!!

I am very disappointed because I have disapproved ads for unsupported language. So DEAR ADWORD if you don't provide full support for that country that remove it form your targeting list. And don't suspend accounts for a language that you don't support.

Hope some one in the managerial team can see this status because I am very disappointed Smiley Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
October 2015

Re: Why can I target a country if the language is not supported

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Albin,

I apologize for the confusion; I did not realize previously that Albanian falls into this category of languages that are unsupported by AdWords. You will not be able to advertise unless your ads, as well as your website, are in a supported language. Please see a similar question and answer from the Community here.

I agree that it would be better to know when you're first setting up the campaign that the language is not supported. I'll pass the recommendation along to our product team.

Thank you for the feedback,

Cassie

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Albin,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I think there may be some confusion about the way the language targeting on campaigns work, so let me explain a bit more:

The language targeting on campaigns tells AdWords which users to target based on their language preferences when they search Google, not the language they actively type into the Google search bar itself. Since Albanian is not a language setting on Google, there is no language setting for Albanian in Adwords.

What I would recommend here is to use the location targeting for Albania, like you mentioned, and to use the "all languages" option for the language targeting. That way you can target anyone in Albania whose searches (in Albanian) match to your Albanian keywords in your account, regardless of their location settings.

Full info here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722078?hl=en&vid=1-635802631257056669-3453411133

Let me know if you have other questions!
Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cassie,

Ok I can understand that about search campaigns, I am really disappinted about Display campaigns there is that I am mostly interested in. Why is there possible to target Albania if the ads and the landing page that are written in Albanian get dissapproved, ?!!!!

Best,

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Albin,

Maybe I need a little more information from you--do you have a disapproved site or ads? If you could share the reason the system gives you for the disapproval, that will allow us here on the Community to be more helpful.

Thanks,
Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes I have disapprove ads for unsupported language : http://prntscr.com/8qj1bp this is a screenshot, The reason of disapproval is unsupported language
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
October 2015

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Albin,

I apologize for the confusion; I did not realize previously that Albanian falls into this category of languages that are unsupported by AdWords. You will not be able to advertise unless your ads, as well as your website, are in a supported language. Please see a similar question and answer from the Community here.

I agree that it would be better to know when you're first setting up the campaign that the language is not supported. I'll pass the recommendation along to our product team.

Thank you for the feedback,

Cassie