AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why are controlled ads getting a higher impression rate with a lower bid?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently set up an experiment campaign on DN with advance text. I have increased the bid by 50% for experimental ads. All ads and keywords are approved, yet controlled ads are getting a higher impression rate with a lower bid and experiment ads are 3 times (3 arrows) lower? Please can someone suggest how to improve this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand the scenario here. Can you upload a screenshot of the experiment?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Why are controlled ads getting a higher impression rate with a lower bid?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
--
*Regards,*

*[image: Inline images 1]*

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Megan C., we cannot see anything above. You mean you recently set up a campaign experiment as per the document linked-to below?

***   About campaign drafts and experiments   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6318732?hl=en&authuser=0#aboutexperiments

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos,

Yes I followed the steps accordingly. The campaign was set up this morning. The SN is running great, but on DN (just text ads) the experiment ads don't seem to be reaching as many impressions, even though the bid is 50 % higher than Control ads. All ads and keyword are approved and the the adgroup is set to both control and experiment. Control has impression of 1500 and experiment only has 140? Am I missing something? 

Have I missed Something