AdWords
1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why are calls from Ad extension not being recorded?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

There is no Calls from Calls extension being recorded. I find extremely odd. Only bidding on exact, phrase and broad match modifed.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why are calls from Ad extension not being recorded?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Removed - see below a correction

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi thank you for timely reply. The call extensions has not recorded any conversions. I just find it extremely odd. I set the threshold to 15 seconds. So I find it odd.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ohhhh... I'm sorry... I misinterpreted your query.
I was "hearing" calls recorded. Meaning - audio recorded.... Sorry.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Back to your query.
By recording - do you mean there are no calls or no impressions?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you For getting back to me. The ads are receiving in clicks but no calls. I just find that after a month and half no calls have been recorded as a conversion. The threshold is 15 seconds.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Many possibilities here. Are you getting actual calls but they are not getting recorded as conversions in AdWords? If yes, are they lasting for more than the time frame you have setup?

Are you using a Google Forwarding Number? If not, conversions won't be tracked.

If yes, enable All Conversions columns. Do you see conversions there? If yes, make sure you have checked 'include in conversions' while setting up the call conversion action.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Alex W

This is a nice question;

I had a similar issue with a client. When I enquired the client, we concluded  that  many of the calls were very short: users were  looking for a different product.

We, indeed, took the threshold down to 10 Sec, and  also changed the ad-copy - writing a more product oriented  ad-copy.

That said, as already mentioned by @Ratan-Jha- for a  call conversion to be recorded a Google forwarding number must be set. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Thank you so much!!! I am using a A Google forwarding phone number . Keyword target. The Ad is set to mobile devices as well as Call to action to CALL. Im going to lower ther threshold see what impact it has.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ratan Jha, Thank you for offering such a detailed solution. I haven't seen any calls come in. Nothing is being displayed . It does not seem to have generated any calls. No information is being supplied in the dimensions. call details sections. I just find it extremely rare.

The Ad copy has clear mobile call to action
The Ad is set to run on mobile
The Ad extension is set to forward to Google.

Thank you for your help! it is greatly appreciated!