AdWords
1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I being billed for AdWords when I stopped the subscription?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I subscribed and changed my mind and asked that you not continue my subscription. Now I have a bill for $42.60 which I did not authorize. I am notifying my credit card company with a complaint.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why am I being billed for AdWords when I stopped the subscription?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Elaine D

Adwords is not a "subscription" service. You only pay for the clicks you receive.  If you chose automatic payments, then you are billed in arrears.  Most likely what has happened is that you had an outstanding balance when you turned off your campaign(s).  The Adwords system bills you when a certain credit threshold is reached.  If the credit threshold is not reached in 30 days, it will then bill your payment source for the balance owed.

I would recommend you review your billing history before you make a dispute.  You can see more details about how to do that here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704427?hl=en

Re: Why am I being billed for AdWords when I stopped the subscription

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I told you not to start Adwords as I was very confused and did not
understand the program. I am 75 years old and Adwords was not for me as I
could not understand the program. You should have never started to monitor
and bill me.

Why am I being billed for AdWords when I stopped the subscription?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Elaine D

ma'am, you did not tell me anything. I'm not Adwords. This is a community of users that work together in solving problems, and I'm just one of them trying to help you.  Nobody was "monitoring" you. As you stated, Adwords is just a program. It can only act on the data that is given to it.  If you attempted to create a campaign and submitted it to run, it's going to do just that. It is unable to comprehend your age, comfort level, or what you are thinking. 

If you feel that you created something in error, you  might try contacting customer service and present your case.  I made a mistake one time where I uploaded intended negatives as actual broad match keywords, and I was given a partial refund out of kindness.