AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Why I am being charged for clicks beyond double my daily budget and when campaigns are paused?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had set the daily budget at £2.00 but it has gone to more than double that. I had to go through and pause every campaign individually but was still being charged.Please can you assist with this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Why I am being charged for clicks beyond double my daily budget and when campaigns are paused?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

These charges most likely accrued before you paused the campaign. It takes a while for the system to sync  data and  charges among all servers, and show an update  on the UI.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

What is your average cost per click (CPC) and your maximum CPC?

In addition to @MosheTLV's point, which is the most likely scenario --  if you are buying some clicks at £1.50 and the daily ad spend limit is £2, you could easily have £4 days.  However Google will modulate spending some it comes out to about (30.4)*2= £60.80 over the course of each month.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Bonnie C,

Solutions for both the questions(cost more than daily budget and data when campaigns have been paused) are already here by Steve and Moshe.

Also, cross check your billing details(from billing tab) if you have been refunded for invalid clicks labeled as Invalid activity

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Why I am being charged for clicks beyond double my daily budget and when campaigns are paused?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the replies.

I have been using Google Ads for some time with a number of ads unchanged.
The one I queried budget was set at £2.00 in the morning with max CPC set
at £0.06. By the evening that Ad had gone to £4.48. A couple of hours later
the number of clicks had dropped which I have never seen before, but still
well over.

This morning another ad is set at max 0.10 per click. We have had one
click, but at 0.23.

I have never seen this happen before.