AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

What is the problem for google adwords, affiliate marketing or the way to go about it?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everybody,
I was more than once in a situation of being banned on google adwords mainly due to ignorance and not really due to purposeful acts.
After giving some time on the subject I somehow managed to white list myself by removing all the ads on my google ad words account.
Before I go ahead with my next project, I look upto the forum to know from you the result of the following illustrative case:
Say I have my own website which complies with all requirements of google adwords and it is not an affiliate site nor a bridge.
Now I have a sign up page as my landing page to get information about products and services offered by me which is then connected to my autoresponder and this autoresponder would then take the person who has signed up to confirm his email address.
Once he confirms his email he would then be lead to my products and services some of which could be affiliate offers or opportunities? Is this legitimate in the eyes of google adwords?
Also I'd like to know if there is any kind of policy guideline about the sign up / landing page in relation to the main website?
What if the sign up / landing page is not part of the website navigation, does it then go through a separate approval process and is it seen as a standalone page again which has to comply with google adwords policy by itself? Does it have to give all information which is usually found on the main website?
Thanks,
Brian

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the problem for google adwords, affiliate marketing or the way to go about it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Brian Mario F,

Sounds like you're still playing on a slippery slope. 

Once he confirms his email he would then be lead to my products and services some of which could be affiliate offers or opportunities? Is this legitimate in the eyes of google adwords?

Let me quote a smart Adwords Professional, Dave_Davis:

EVERY AFFILIATE SITE violates the bridge page policy. Let me say that again. EVERY AFFILIATE SITE VIOLATES the AdWords bridge page policy. If the main purpose of your page is to send visitors to another page (and let's be honest, that's EXACTLY what an affiliate site is), then Google will ban you.

Nowhere along the way should you be sending AdWords traffic anywhere but to your website that passes all AdWords guidelines and policies. Be cautious of you have been banned before... at some point you can be banned for life. Here is a Google Help File that covers some more info you should follow. 

In essence, you know if you are playing dangerously, and if you are, end the practice and preserve your ability to use AdWords now... and later. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Re: What is the problem for google adwords, affiliate marketing or the way to go about it?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The structure you have designed is in violation,: collecting personal information (e.g. Email) as the main goal (i.e. Signing up) - is a violation;
As already mention by James "auto-responder" is a technique to direct users to another page,
An affiliate page can be set ONLY if your own webpage has an original content written by you (e.g. Your review bout running shoes that you have tested), then and on this page you can link affiliates which sell running shoes. The content MUST be original and with ADDED VALUE to users.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How would a person rightfully take acceptance from a person to allow him to collect personal info other than signing up for his offers or products or services?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Again I repeat myself, the site in discussion is not an affiliate site but am simply collecting personal information from the person who signs up to receive info from me and then making him double opt in if he so chooses to via an email reaching his inbox thru my autoresponder.

I am not diverting him to another website but to my own main website after he passes my landing page.and this website is not an affiliate website but a website which offers services related to employment for both employer and employee.

So all communications after he passes thru my landing page happens off the scene via my AR messages.

Would that be in violation of google adwords policies?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

>>" ....but am simply collecting personal information from the person who signs up to receive info from me ...." 

This is not allowed, even if you allow (later) to opt out.

>>"website which offers services related to employment for both employer and employee"

This website must have  original content and  content with added value to users 

If you share the URL we can comment more specifically - not just the principles and requirements.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

"would then be lead to my products and services some of which could be affiliate offers or opportunities"

also, likely falls under untrustworthy behavior;
also, potentially misusing personal information;
also, potentially abusing the ad network.