3.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

What is the best way to remove AdWords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A year ago I opened AdWords account using my private Gmail address. I did that out of curiosity, because I wanted to see how things work. I needed to use Keyword Planner to plan my first site.

Recently I created my first website, and I created new Gmail account for that site, because I wanted to separate it from the private one. I used that new Gmail account to create new AdWords account (I used this account for AdSense too). Then I saw that using two different AdWords accounts is against the rule, because Google sees it as double service. I still didn't use any of these two accounts for AdWords campaigns, and I have my website linked to the my new Gmail account (for website purposes), and I didn't linked any site to AdWords account from my private Gmail account.

So, my question is, what can I do now? I would like to cancel AdWords account that I created using my private Gmail account. There is a option in Account Settings in AdWords to cancel account, but I'm not sure if I do that would I be able to use my other account for AdWords? I read that once you cancel AdSense account, you can't get it back, so I wonder do the same rules apply for AdWords too?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: What is the best way to remove AdWords account?