AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Weekend help to change account settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I had a couple of support calls with your team today, but couldn't email the authorization for you to make changes to my account as there was a widespread but with GMail that only just got resolved.

I have now replied to the email with confirmation that I'm happy to make changes to my account.

I need you to unlink the email address associated with my standard AdWords account so that I can use it to create a manager account.

The team member I spoke to told me I could use chat at any time on the weekend, as the chat team would see her notes and action the change for me.

Now whichever option I select it says your chat service is closed :-(

How can I get help to make this change please before Monday?

Thanks so much for your help,

Lee

Re: Weekend help to change account settings

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Lee!

As per my understanding, I believe you are looking to freeup your email account from an adwords account. As a resolution over it - Its little kinda maze puzzle as We cant directly upgrade or free email from adwords. Instead we have to shift it to another email account. Don't worry - just follow documented instructions as follows and your will be able to do this.

1. Create a new google account (without adwords) - say abc@gmail.com

2. Login with existing google account in adwords, Go to Account Access, Share Standard Access with new account.

3. Logout from existing account and login with new adwords account. Accept access by opening Email from GMail.

4. Now again logout from new and login to existing account and change Access from "Standard Access" to "Administrative Access"

5. Again logout existing and login new account. Go to account access and remove access of this account to existing email by choosing option from Actions against corresponding email ID

6. At last done! Ahhaa! Now your account is free from adwords account. Signup for Adwords Manager Account Here

Hope it would resolve your issue! Have a great day ahead!