1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Weebly won't allow me to edit the robots.txt file... apparently, Google can't see my product images because of the robots.txt file (which needs edited).  How in the world can I get these images to be crawled by Google so that these display ads will run and I can proceed with my campaign?  It's been 2 months that I've been trying to get help and resolve this issue.  PLEASE HELP!  thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Kember F
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kember F,

I would contact customer support at Weebly, since the issue is with their product. Explain to them what you are wanting to do with AdWords and they can assist. They have this help file published covering using Weebly with AdSense. 

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, J-

Thanks for the reply... much appreciate the help.  THe challenge here is not with AdSense... the challenge is with GOOGLE MERCHANT and getting our products (displayed on our website) to be able to be crawled by Google so that they can validate the images and then show them thru our Merchant account onto Google Search and Google Shop. 

The Google instruction say to add a certain text to your "robots.txt" file... but I can't get into the robots.txt file as weebly keeps it locked up. =(

Any other thought on how to get my product images "visible" to Google Merchant services?

THank you.

Re: Weebly/AdSense

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

for getting merchant-center images visible, the answer

is about the same -- simply contact weebly-support.

for the merchant-center and shopping-ads, all google's crawlers must
be able to crawl and inspect not only images, but also the website and
landing-pages -- to cache content, and importantly, to constantly scan
for quality and any policy related issues.

as was indicated, the best likely course would be to simply contact
weebly-support directly, and indicate that for google shopping-ads,
google crawling the website and images is needed.

in addition, asking in the weebly-community-help-forums may also help.

see also