AdWords
3.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Website Structure and Campaign Structure Strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client is a large university with several colleges within the university system that each have their own separate budgets. What is the best account structure?

Currently everything is under a single account, but I am thinking it may be beneficial to separate each college into its own account. Pros? Cons?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Teddy S
June 2016

Re: Website Structure and Campaign Structure Strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Teddy,
In your case, I'd separate them out into separate accounts. They're separate entities with separate budgets so it makes sense.
It does depend on what you intend to share though. What kind of keywords will you be sharing? In the same account, only one entity can bid on the same keywords etc.

I'd need to know a little more about how you intend to promote each university but in general, we prefer to have different accounts for different entities.
There are a few cons when it comes to local ads, new maps listings etc. so if you've managed until now in a single account, I'd think about it. You'll need to provide WAY more information to be able to give you any solid advice I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Teddy S
June 2016

Re: Website Structure and Campaign Structure Strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Teddy,
In your case, I'd separate them out into separate accounts. They're separate entities with separate budgets so it makes sense.
It does depend on what you intend to share though. What kind of keywords will you be sharing? In the same account, only one entity can bid on the same keywords etc.

I'd need to know a little more about how you intend to promote each university but in general, we prefer to have different accounts for different entities.
There are a few cons when it comes to local ads, new maps listings etc. so if you've managed until now in a single account, I'd think about it. You'll need to provide WAY more information to be able to give you any solid advice I'm afraid.