AdWords
3.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Violation due to FLash on Website?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So I have been trying to remove violations on my Adwords account which hasnt been used for 8 months. I have removed the campaigns that are for websites that are no longer reachable. I have converted all my ads to expanded text ads and now it appears that the only violation is for 'site violates policy'. The sites havent been changed since last year when the ads ran fine and so I assume that it is Google that have changed their criteria. The sites have a flash image on the home page and I am assuming that this is what is causing the problem.

Before remove the it can someone confirm that Flash flags up a violation.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't think so;

What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The original reason was 'destination not working' there were several site not working but the campaigns for these have now been removed. I have filtered the account for 'disapproved' ads and there is only 1 campaign with issues all pointing to the same site and when I hover over the ad it says reason for disapproval - 'destination experience'

http://www.flitrapdirecto.com/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Got it. Try to remove the flash

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The weird thing is that there are 3 other identical sites but in different languages that are all approved - they all have the same flash banners on and are hosted in the same place. The only thing I have noticed with the problem site is that the sound on the video is very slightly distorted. This couldn't cause a problem could it?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'm not sure this is the issue, but we should test before starting to review other components of the site. ( Which is a huge task beyond our scope)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Its nuts that Google cant just say what the problem is. Its also nuts that the other 3 identical sites (in other European languages) are fine.

I am no expert when it comes to websites or ad-words, all I want to do is run a business and advertise. Although I appreciate that sites have to be updated I have spent 2 days fishing around to get to this point and even experts cant say what the problem is when it would be quite easy for the algorithm to say what it objects to.  

I appreciate the help that you have given.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Mike W;

Google does not disclose the reasons for suspension.  Experience and iterations are the common methods to resolve a suspension issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

when it comes to websites and adwords I havent got experience and am not sure what iterations are which leaves me with a problem. The account is suspended because of repeated violations. I appear to have sorted all the issues out apart from the 1 site which is identical to 3 others which they say are fine. Logically Google would point me in the right direction, the issue would be fixed and everyone would be happy. As it stands I cant contact them by phone as my account is still suspended and there appears to be no way of emailing them other than fill a form in to review the site which will then come back rejected as before! 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Mike W

Ohhh.... A new issue is surfacing. "Repeated violations". This  is a whole new ball game....  (Had you mentioned that in your first post, the answer would have been straight forward.)

This is a severe violation.  Rarely Google reinstates  accounts suspended due to "repeated violations". So IMHO no matter what fix you  were to implement, the account would be suspended.