AdWords
579 members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

User access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an MCC account wherein I manage 3 adwords campaign. I have given a read-only access to an email ID from the account settings of each campaign. However, when logged in from that email ID, the user can edit the budget, keywords and other settings in the campaign. 

How do I give access to users wherein they cannot edit any settings of the campaign? 

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

User access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amita S,

On November 14th, 2016, there was an update to the permissions levels. What you would need to do is to access the accounts as an admin and then change the user permissions twice, in two steps to set the read-only level back. On the update date, all limited users were migrated up to higher permissions.

Please give that a try and let us know how things go.

Kind Regards,

James 

Re: User access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thanks for the response.

You mean to say I give an administrative access to the user first & then again change it to read-only access? 

Best Regards,

Amita

User access

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Amita S,

You are very welcome.

Yes, set it and save. Then click out of the user access management and then go back and change it to read-only and save. 

That should do it. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: User access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

I tried this but didn't work.

In the Account access, I first added the user & gave him the administrative access. Went back to my campaigns & then gave a read-only access. But still the user can edit all the settings.

Best Regards

Amita