AdWords
3.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Upload Business data - Input error

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there!

Here is my problem: I want to build a feed through Adwords Business Data.
I have created the csv file and it is updated daily and hosted on my server.

I then go to "scheduled upload", put the URL of the file (no login / password).
Each time it is supposed to upload as per schedule, I see:
"Input error. File not found. Please check that your URL, name, and/or password are correct. No changes" in the upload history.

If I click on the link myself, the file downloads automatically. If I upload this same file, manually, through the system, it works like a charm.

It (should) mean:
- that the file is fine
- it is accessible through browser / direct link (I don't need any login password, can be downloaded directly, even through incognito mode, the file and its hosting folder have a 777 permission level)
So, the problem is that for whatever reason Google can't seem to find it.... any idea why?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay256
January 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Thomas.

I solved the problem by hosting my file on a different server - it is highly inconvenient, but it works.
All was ok with the link, I am not sure why but something prevents Google from fetching this file from my server. Any idea what it could be?

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

When you upload your file and check upload history, is everything ok there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer Thomas - yes, all is fine when I upload the file.

If I click on the link in "scheduled upload", the file downloads fine. If I manually upload this file in the system, it appears in the history and works just fine.

Any idea why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One more detail - my server has an SSL certificate, hence my link starts with https
Could it explain the issue?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you giving there exact URL with https? Is filename without spaces? Maybe try import into google sheet and link to this file if it will be fine.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay256
January 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Thomas.

I solved the problem by hosting my file on a different server - it is highly inconvenient, but it works.
All was ok with the link, I am not sure why but something prevents Google from fetching this file from my server. Any idea what it could be?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

SSL is on a new server too?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The old server (the one that did NOT work) had SSL.

The new one does not.

The problem definitely is on my side - I have been trying to use LinkedIn API and ended up with the exact same problem: images would be fetched on the new server (no SSL), but not on the old one (with SSL).
On the other hand, the Twitter API works just fine on both servers for fetching files.
I just can't figure what type of server setting could prevent LinkedIn & Google from fetching files while allowing Twitter to do it. If you have a clue on what type of server setting I should check, please let me know. Otherwise, case closed Smiley Happy

Thanks!