AdWords
505 members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Unexpected Ad Performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've contacted Google by e-mail and phone regarding a new campaign that I've uploaded last week, which besides having keywords which are medium to high volume, is getting no more than 20-25 impressions per day and no clicks at all. 

The Google representative I've contacted told me that I shouldn't be using keywords like "Flights to Brazil", because by doing that I won't get any traffic at all, that instead I should be bidding for "Flights" only and target Brazil in Campaign Settings. He even told me that I apparently didn't have experience with Call-Only ads, which is completely false, as I've been working almost exclusively with Call-Only ads since they came out last year.

I'm incredibly surprised about how Google can employ a person who obviously has no knowledge about AdWords at all, he sounded like a complete beginner, if that. How can someone with this level of knowledge be giving support to people?

My client is a travel agency based in the US, which is specialized in selling tickets to Latin America. We are matching keywords like flights, flight and airfare with travel destinations like Brazil, Argentina, Puerto Rico, etc. For example, +flights +brazil, +airfare +brazil.

Something seems to be holding our campaign from getting traffic and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with keywords or settings. Could Google be restricting traffic to our campaign for some reason?

Thanks very much for your attention.

Cheers,

Jafar.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Unexpected Ad Performance

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Check "Search lost Impression Share" due to rank and due to budget;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jafar K;

No. Google does not restrict the traffic to your campaign. I agree that the limiting  component / setting  should be  looked  first in the campaign  level  settings:  Geo targeting setting, budget, bids, devices...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for answering @MosheTLV,

Everything is as it should be on settings, budget, bids, devices, etc. I'm getting Avg. Position 2.0, 20-25 impressions per day, and no clicks.

Keyword Planner shows a total of 130,310 monthly searches for the keywords I'm using and I'm bidding 50% higher than the suggested bid.

I'm targeting all US, no exclusions.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Check "Search lost Impression Share" due to rank and due to budget;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After I raised the bids once again I started getting traffic, but now I'm bidding almost 300% more than the suggested bid provided by Keyword Planner.

Probably travel websites use bid automation systems to raise their bids automatically every time someone starts to compete for higher positions, that's tough for travel agencies with small budgets. =/

I've been trying to find some angle that could have less competition, but it's very hard, the big players are bidding on hundreds of thousands of keywords.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ohhh.. We get some improvements... Smiley Happy
Test enhanced bidding...
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964?hl=en