AdWords
1.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to get help with account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't believe I'm writing this.  I love Google.  I have had nothing but positive interaction with their representatives whenever I have issues managing my Google Apps for Education account.  My husband, on the other hand, does not seem to be feeling the love.  He runs a small automotive repair business and is not a techy whatsoever.  I had an AdWords account set up with one add running.  He later responded to a sales call and set up an AdWords Express account in addition to the Adwords accounts.  He liked that he had a rep to help guide him through the process.

A little over a week ago he called his AdWords Express rep because he was seeing an unnatural increase in weekend click activity.  The representative's condescension and lack of answers were very frustrating to my husband so he requested to close the Adwords Express Account and just continue with the existing Adwords account.  Less than a week later we received notification that our Adwords account was suspended due to "untrustworthy content" and our Google+ page was suspended due to "spammy behavior".  I've tried chatting.  It's unavailable.  I've tried calling.  The answering service will not even let me through to a menu.  It says to fill out an appeal.  I've filled out an appeal.  twice without response.  I've submitted an email to Google+ who responded that we were suspended.  It is impossible to get any details regarding why our account was completely shut down.

It's an auto shop.  Brick and mortar.  We send no email to customers, not even promotional.  We don't actively use our Google+ page.  It just listed the basics of the business.  Hours, map, etc.  Our website lists our services, prices, and promotional coupon.  We live in a college town.  We advertise a reasonable price for smog inspections that the college kids seem to respond to.  We've streamlined our URL to something short, easy to remember, and specific.  chicosmog.com is the URL we advertise under.  The shorter URL just forwards to our regular site.  

My husband called Google because he saw suspicious behavior in our PPC reports.  Is response, the Google rep completely shut down our presence.  I'm at a loss.  I don't know how to contact anyone to find out what the issue is.  I can't even begin to correct it because I can't even imagine what would be considered "untrustworthy" about our site.  Any help would greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to get help with account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience you and your husband have had. Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for checking in. No. My husband received a call today that the suspension was lifted. The rep wasn't able to tell him what triggered it, but at least we are back up and running. Thanks again!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi there,

I'm glad everything is up and running again! Please let me know if any other issues arise in the future and I'll be happy to help.

Cassie