AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to get Search volume data and trends

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

while entering a keyword and clicking on "Get Serach Volume" I am not getting the trend data. It only gives monthly average searches and a message comes "This page shows ranges for search volumes. For a more detailed view, set up and run a campaign". Kindly guide how to get trends....

Sunil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sunil T
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Since mid-August, because of abuse Google has restricted some of the capabilities of the 'keyword planner' tool until your campaign hits a certain modest spending threshold. However it sounds like you may be able to find the information you are looking for by using the free 'Google Trends' tool.  It is available at Google.com/trends  -- just enter your keyword for a historical chart of search volume trends. hth

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sunil T
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Since mid-August, because of abuse Google has restricted some of the capabilities of the 'keyword planner' tool until your campaign hits a certain modest spending threshold. However it sounds like you may be able to find the information you are looking for by using the free 'Google Trends' tool.  It is available at Google.com/trends  -- just enter your keyword for a historical chart of search volume trends. hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve. I will try as per your suggestion. Have a great Day !!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Sunil, best of luck with your campaign. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I got it what I was looking for. Thanks Steve. Good Wishes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Were you able to get raw search volumes? I only see interest over time, which is scaled 0-100.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sunil - I am having the same problem. Basically if you are not BUYING something from Google (PPC), they are taking away the Keyword tool. Of note, this is total BS, and greed personified.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Steve - please pass on to Google management that the restriction of the Keyword Planner goes against everything Google has been preaching with the 90+ algorithm changes since 2011. Google implemented the algorithm changes to supposedly stop spam, content scraping and other black hat practices, and also to "improve the user experience." So if content marketing (well-written, properly optimized content) is part of improving the user experience on the internet, taking away the Keyword Planner tool unless you buy PPC diminishes the user experience on the Internet for those of us committed to generating quality content. And this notion of "abuse" is BS. The Keyword Planner was viable tool for everyone. It's been taken away to force us to BUY. In what reality is it good for a company to force to customers to buy your product? I predict this is going to ultimately bite Google. In the meantime, I am extremely disgusted that Google management has chosen to take away the Keyword Planner unless you buy PPC. Please pass that on to management. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Totally agreed!