AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Two AdWords accounts for different subfolders (geo targeting same country)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi community,

I have a question regarding a situation that I have with a client.

Is it possible to use a different AdWords account in order to target a different subfolder: same domain, same country but different subfolder.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ximo a
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Even if they were completely different products in each account, people could still navigate and buy the other product.

The only valid reason at your end for having different accounts is billing. At Google's end that isn't sufficient reason.

Have one account or have two websites.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No; this would be a violation

Promoting the same or similar service or product  to the same  audience (e.g. Same geographic area,) by the same business - is not allowed.

The basic rule is: one business - one account, as many campaigns as you wish - all within one account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ximo a
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Even if they were completely different products in each account, people could still navigate and buy the other product.

The only valid reason at your end for having different accounts is billing. At Google's end that isn't sufficient reason.

Have one account or have two websites.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks RobSkeleton.

You are right, billing is the only reason. 

I knew that's the rule but I was wondering if there was something we could do since the campaigns are using different subfolders.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV,

I was wondering if there was something that could possibly be done since the content and the services are different and even though it uses the same domain the campaigns target different subfolders.

Thanks

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As mentioned, if those are completely different products (which I question - how can a travel agent promote toys?  :? O) then set different domains

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’