AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to grant MCC access to a coworker.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

but it says says she already has access to an Adwords account. This isn't true since her email address just changed recently (got married). When she logs in to http://adwords.google.com she gets the "Start your first campaign" screen. How can she get access to our Client Center? Our company is on Google Apps so we aren't creating any new emails/logins to solve this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott H
February 2016

Re: Trying to grant MCC access to a coworker.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Scott, I am sure she has Signup at the AdWords in the past so that you are getting the message that she has access to an Adwords account. First of all you need to unlink that account from exiting AdWords account by implementing the following steps .

1. Create a new gmail account for an adwords free placeholder.
2. Log out
3. Log in to your primary AdWords account and go to My Account ->Account Access.
4. Add the placeholder gmail account that you created in step 1 as an Admin
5. Complete all the confirmation emails and confirmation alerts
6. Log in to your placeholder account and delete the primary AdWords user from the account.
7. Go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwords/myclientcenter/ and create a new MCC account
8. Your account is now MCC instead of Adwords

After releasing hen ID from AdWords account you can use that for MCC access.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Scott H

Well... She has an access to an AdWords account and hence she can't use this email to access the MCC. 

You'll have to unlink the access to  the AdWords account first,

A simpler solution, open her a Gmail account and grant it an access to the MCC. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott H
February 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Scott, I am sure she has Signup at the AdWords in the past so that you are getting the message that she has access to an Adwords account. First of all you need to unlink that account from exiting AdWords account by implementing the following steps .

1. Create a new gmail account for an adwords free placeholder.
2. Log out
3. Log in to your primary AdWords account and go to My Account ->Account Access.
4. Add the placeholder gmail account that you created in step 1 as an Admin
5. Complete all the confirmation emails and confirmation alerts
6. Log in to your placeholder account and delete the primary AdWords user from the account.
7. Go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwords/myclientcenter/ and create a new MCC account
8. Your account is now MCC instead of Adwords

After releasing hen ID from AdWords account you can use that for MCC access.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Worked like a charm. Thank you!!

P.S. This is so silly to have to jump through all these hoops in order to give someone access to your MCC. Par for the course for Google though...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks you too.

Cheers.