AdWords
1.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to create Adwords Manager Account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All I'd like to do is create a Manager account to manage one of my client's adwords campaign. I clicked on the link to create a manager account and did what I thought was sign up. But now every time I try and log in it takes me to Adwords Express. I dont want to manage or create ads for any of my other linked Google + page businesses that are linked to that email but thats all it lets me do. 

HELP! Such a bad user experience..! I've tried Incognito mode, theres no 3 dots in top right of screen. Thanks for any help

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You will have to be logged into a separate Google Account which is not yet used for Google AdWords, in order to create an MCC account. 

I used a period extender when creating a new account, e.g.: "mygmailname.mcc@gmail.com".  Then I forwarded all the email from that account, to mygmailname@gmail.com so that notifications would not be missed. 

hth!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, but I have never created an Adwords account in the past.... And when I did it automatically assumed I wanted to create an Adwords Express account and link it to one of my businesses..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Each time I use a new email address and create, it takes me to a billing page, is this nromal? If i am managing someone else's campaign that I have to add billing info? I've exhausted all of my emails now

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You don't want to create an AdWords campaign with the new account... you want to just create an MCC account.  Then you enter customer ID's of accounts to add, and Google sends them an email.

You shouldn't have to provide billing to open an MCC... i don't have billing info in mine, for example.  If you run into that and you are not accidentally trying to create an AdWords campaign, you should be able to navigate around it.  Send us a screenshot (blocking out any sensitive info) if you run into that.