AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark Owner has left the business - how do I move the trademark owner to myself?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

My company has just launched a new website under a new brand. The brand is owned by a parent company. I would like to make reference to the parent company's name within the ad copy (adding 'Powered by XXX') and was asked to submit a Trademark Request form.

I completed the form and received an email from Google advising that the request has been denied because I am not the trademark owner. They've provided the email address of the person who is the trademark owner, but she left the business a few years ago.

I need to change the trademark owner to myself but am not sure how to go about this - I'd be really grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Serena

1 Expert replyverified_user

Trademark Owner has left the business - how do I move the trademark owner to myself?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

To change the trademark owner, you need to contact your country's trademark and patents bureau.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’