AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking with AppsFlyer needs new AdWords interface which is not available

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone!

I use AppsFlyer to measure different ways of apps installations. It works well in most cases, however I met problems configuring it to work with Google AdWords. I tried to follow these articles:

1. support.appsflyer.com/....
  2. support.google.com/...

But I've got ambiguous problems.

I created an account and found that I have the old interface. But integration with AppsFlyer needs Link ID, Conversion ID and Conversion Label which are from the new interface.

Thus, I tried to switch it as described here, but there is no "Try the new AdWords" link inside gear menu or something helpful on settings page. Could you help me? I really need to solve that as fast as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aivan F
June

Re: Tracking with AppsFlyer needs new AdWords interface which is not available

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Aivan F,

You need to generate your Link ID in Adwords. Follow this guide: Link ID

Also, whenever you're creating your Conversions in Adwords, don't forget that the source is "App". After you create all the steps with the App Conversion goal it will populate your Label and ID number which you will provide to appsflyer.

Just follow these screenshots and it should be clear of what to do. Setup In App Conversions

Tools < Conversions < + Conversions < App

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.38.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.38.43 AM.png

Your snippet that contains your ID and Label will be at the bottom of this window.

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.43.58 AM.png

Let me know if this was clear?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aivan F
June

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Aivan F,

You need to generate your Link ID in Adwords. Follow this guide: Link ID

Also, whenever you're creating your Conversions in Adwords, don't forget that the source is "App". After you create all the steps with the App Conversion goal it will populate your Label and ID number which you will provide to appsflyer.

Just follow these screenshots and it should be clear of what to do. Setup In App Conversions

Tools < Conversions < + Conversions < App

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.38.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.38.43 AM.png

Your snippet that contains your ID and Label will be at the bottom of this window.

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.43.58 AM.png

Let me know if this was clear?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

@Cameron R

This is not clear. We are having the same problem. The directions you gave for creating a Link only work when you are on the new UI. For someone who is not on the new UI, you don't have the option to link a third-party app and get that link. 

ScreenHunter 155.png 

I've already setup the conversion codes.