AdWords
5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Totally lost with GoogleAdwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone.

I am a new user and I am totally lost and frustrated. I wanted to get access to the key words tool on Google Adwords without any campaigns whatsoever. But it directed me to starting a campaign and I made the mistake to start filling the form. I didn't finish cos I realized this isn't gettimng me to the keywords tool. But now I'm trapped on this page for creating a campaign. I can't even exit it or cancel the campaign. It just sits there and even after I exit my profile, the moment I enter in, I am landed once more to the same page for filling information for a campaigne I don't want to be having anyway. What do I do to cancel it and just find my way to the keywords tool?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

Just finish setup of one campaign and leave this. Then you can use Keyword Tool

Re: Totally lost with GoogleAdwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi and thanks,
But doesn't finishing a set up mean giving your card details and actually
paying for the campaign? Or is there a way to skip the payment step?

Thanks once more!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can skip the payment step.

However, Google changed things last year, and you will need to active account, with billing, to be able to use the full keyword planner. Keep in mind that the tool is intended to be used by AdWords customers - it is not a free tool for the general public.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have this exact problem too! I need to get out of creating campaign and get in the settings view instead. But no, it won't let me.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The only option is to complete the process, or contact AdWords support and get them to cancel it.