AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

This adwords is out of hand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a mess, I have no idea what is going on with my website/google adwords. I logged into adwords awhile back, months ago. Wanted to use the keyword planner. Found out in order to use the keyword planner you had to create an ad. So i created this basic ad and paused it. which in turn allowed me access to keyword planner. Messed around with it trying to get familiar with it. Then didn't think nothing of it. Putting all my effort into opening up my store front. I get my shop open, physical location. I am now wanting to do some advertisement. Login to google adwords said my account was suspended. I have contacted google support 5 times already. Only once did i get 1 person that told me "sometimes are system will just auto flag something for no real reason i will email you over such and such form fill it out and your account will be fixed" never got the email. I get the same thing every time i call. Go to this link fill out form, i do this, Few days go by same automated response. About my website being untrustworthy, Which i don't understand how? I have no third party ads, its diffidently not phishing site of any kind, I have a legitimate store front where people can physically walk in and talk to me and get help/service. I have a verified Facebook business page with legitimate reviews, yellow pages, yelp. I am even verified on google maps with pictures of my business. This is super frustrating because they will not even tell me the actual problem, which to be honest i don't think there even is one, its just getting passed around an automated system and the customer support is TERRIBLE. The very last time i contacted them they told me to email (no phone number) ads-trademark@google.com. WHich i thought was weird in the first place considering there is no trademark issue at all, i used my own initials for my company name and contacted an attorney about this before even applying for my business license and of course i get this response from them "Hi,

Our team only handles trademark related requests.

Please fill the form below if you wish to submit an appeal:

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Regards,
Jonathan
Legal Advertising Support Team"

Again back to the beginning. I have never had a google adwords account in the past, and really i never even ran a google ad.... not 1 cent was used on it.

I am at a loss. I have a feeling for some weird reason my website is getting penalized as a result of this which is hurting my potential. I login to google webmaster tools and there is no issues to deal with, everything is fine there.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry to hear you are having frustration with an account suspension situation.  Especially in some geographic regions and/or business sectors, the criteria for suspension is different.  Can you tell us what business sector you are operating in, and which country/region?  Then we may be able to take a better guess at it.  

Just keep in mind, this is a mostly peer-to-peer support community and we are volunteers; not Google; and we cannot speak for Google. Account suspension is a business issue which you will have to rectify with Google. I recommend you find the initial email from Google and try to determine exactly what they state the problem is.  Also look at your ad and if there is any image in it, are you certain it is not potentially a trademarked image?

The best practice is to thoroughly address and fix the issue(s) identified in their suspension email.

hth

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do computer, tablet and cell phone repair. In North Carolina.  Also i tried to find an initial email but don't see it anywhere. I have hosted exchange for email and i did a search for anything related to google, but its just automated replies. I sell no products on my website at all. Also to add, the ad i created don't have an image in it, it was just the some recommended layout from google adwords and i just paused it. Attorney told me when applying for my business's license that If you use your Initials for a business name, there is ZERO trademark issues. No one can tell you that you can't use your own name as your business name. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It could well be your business sector.  Any business which is doing remote computer repair or diagnosis won't be able to run an AdWords campaign.  Google has just statistically, seen a lot of problems in that business sector. 

Actually, they CAN tell you that you cannot use your own name as your business name.  I opened Bell Consulting, Inc. a telecommunications consulting firm, in 1998 and within six months received a "cease and desist" letter from Pacific Telesis, which owned the Pacific Bell trademark and brand name.  I hired an excellent business attorney and we were able to continue using it but only after considerable maneuvering and expense. I'm not saying that this is the problem in YOUR case, but just because it's your name doesn't protect it. This is not legal advice, of course -- just my personal experience.