AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

System won't accept any key words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After adding keywords with the +keywords-button and saving them with the save button, they just disappear.

The system responds with: "You don't have any keywords. Click '+ Keywords' above to create one."

At the same time I am charged for clicks although there are no key words to click on! How is that possible ??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Lees,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble seeing your keywords. Would you able to upload a screenshot of your AdWords interface after you try adding keywords, when you see the error message you mentioned? Please just make sure not to include your email address or account number in that screenshot.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found it out myself, but it is a bit bizarre:

Usually only the button "Keywords" appears and clicking it won't show one's keywords as if they had all disappeared. However, sometimes an additional button "Display Keywords" turns up in the menu. Clicking that one does show one's keywords.

A bit confusing though.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Lees,

I'm glad you found them! Is this a Display Only campaign by any chance?

If so, you'll always find your targeting options--including keywords--under the Display Network tab and the Display Keywords sub-tab.

For Search campaigns, your keywords will sit under the usual Keywords tab.

Hope this helps!
Cassie