AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Suspension of account + Policy violation, please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, first time using google adwords and a day after I added my card, I received a mail saying my account was suspended because they found a suspicious activity in it and couldn't verify it.

Right now when I log in to my account, I see this message right at top: "
Your account is suspended - We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts. To help prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts. Learn more"

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR:

- I have check that link but there's nothing helpful there.

- I have checked this link and nothing is helpful there too: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6381844

- I have filled out a form here and haven't received a reply.
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

- I have checked out this link where they were supposed to offer a chat support but for the life of me, I couldn't find out where is that chat support button: https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119101

- I have tried to send them a mail using the above link but only have gotten a canned and generic reply which is of no help.

WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW:

1.) Why I still see that payment error even after adding a new card and deleting old one?

2.) How do I solve this billing suspension thing?

3.) I also had received another email telling me I need to resubmit my site which is in violation of their policy (I have done that but I want to know how to remove that website from my account) This and billing suspension error are totally different from one another by the way.

ANy help would be appreciated

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Account Is suspended due to suspicious behavior in the payment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, first time using google adwords and a day after I added my card, I received a mail saying my account was suspended because they found a suspicious activity in it and couldn't verify it.

Right now when I log in to my account, I see this message right at top: "

Your account is suspended - We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts. To help prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts. Learn more"

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR:

- I have check that link but there's nothing helpful there.

- I have checked this link and nothing is helpful there too: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6381844

- I have filled out a form here and haven't received a reply.

- I have checked out this link where they were supposed to offer a chat support but for the life of me, I couldn't find out where is that chat support button: https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119101

- I have tried to send them a mail using the above link but only have gotten a canned and generic reply which is of no help.

WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW:

1.) Why I still see that payment error even after adding a new card and deleting old one?

2.) How do I solve this billing suspension thing?

3.) I also had received another email telling me I need to resubmit my site which is in violation of their policy (I have done that but I want to know how to remove that website from my account) This and billing suspension error are totally different from one another by the way.

ANy help would be appreciated

Thanks

Re: Suspension of account + Policy violation, please help!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jacobo M,

AdWords is usually setup to show what violations you're experiencing automatically. You can find alerts in several places, but 1) your bell (top right hand corner) will have a red exclamation mark and clicking on that will walk you through to finding the violation. Once you click through a few screens you'll need to click either on 2) question mark near your ads, or 3) the speech bubble or 4) enable a column called "policy details." At this point it is very important to find the exact sited reason. In the example below the reason is "Destination not working." Then you need to 5) follow the reason link (in this case "destination not working") to a page that will have all kinds of other troubleshooting instructions. So search that page for the exact wording that you were given (in this case "destination not working") and see if you can troubleshoot on your own. Image below references all the described steps. If none of that works for you see more below.

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 14.45.36.png

If none of the above worked, you need to contact Google customer service. They handle billing issues fastest over the phone. But your billing suspension may be secondary. I'd start with the other violation first. You'll be able to find that number in the admin portion of your account. This is how it looks for me:

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 14.10.13.png

Hope this helps!

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Suspension of account + Policy violation, please help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
In this type / kind of violation (i.e. A billing issue) you'll have to wait until an investigation and appeal process are completed (through the appeal from you submitted).
Once a reply is received - this will be a final one.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’