AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended account Adwords Representative's lying

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My account has been suspended for quite some time. I've called and spoke to multiple Adwords Representatives and have been told "Go ahead an re-submit your site and I promise you will be re-activated." Even spoke to managers and they promised the same. Every time I re-submit I get an auto reply saying I'm suspended and it doesn't give any explanation on why. I called last Friday 7/22/16 and was told that I could try 1 last time and if it doesn't work I will have to create a new account. I got off the phone and before I could even fill out the form, I got an auto reply saying my account has been suspended. I'm frustrated that Google Adwords is telling me I will be reinstated and then when I last called Friday, I was told I may have to create a new account because I have submitted too many times. The reason why I have submitted so many times is because I was told to by Google Adwords representatives. Now they want to permanently ban my account because of this. I use this account for all sorts of things and don't want to start over. I'm even have an AdWords Certification so I know the basics but this is getting out of hand with Google Reps. Does this seem right to anyone? 

6 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Univision C
July 2016

Re: Suspended account Adwords Representative's lying

Rising Star
# 16
Rising Star

@Univision C

and to expand on what Rob said, it's nothing personal against you, it is a large scale, risk mitigation decision. They are not against IT or tech support in general, but rather sites  that offer remote support as you already mentioned.  I think what's been flagging your site is the fact that you not only mention offering remote support, but have a link to install TeamViewer.  

I think the disconnect is the harsh wording of the disapproval email. Unfortunately you have been grouped with the same people who create sites using TeamViewer to perpetrate scams.   It's a canned message, but I don't believe anyone at Google thinks you have done something wrong even though that's the tone of the message.  

The reality is the decision is based on the potential harm that could happen, not that you've caused harm.  It's a blanket decision on any site that wants users to install TeamViewer or similar software. It doesn't matter if they are a "good guy" or not. 

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Univision C

To be honest, I question the accuracy of your version of events.  The support reps who answer the phone aren't in a position to make promises or even a decision on matters like this.  They can only escalate to the appropriate department, and that department doesn't talk to people on the phone.  While you may not like it, it sounds like your only option is to create a new account.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not lying on the events and these events triggered me to create this thread. This information is 100% true when calling support at 1-866-2GOOGLE. I've also been hung up on twice by a woman named Paula when I wasn't being rude. I just now called and requested to speak with a manager and I did in fact get a chance to speak with another manager by the name of Carolyn David. So David K, this department does talk to people on the phone. Carolyn was very helpful and actually gave me a reason for my account being suspended. Apparently remote desktop support is not allowed on a website when running Google Adwords ads. This is not something I ran across when taking the certification test. Google may want to add this information to become "certified." As for reps telling me "I promise" and disconnecting the calls, in a perfect world this wouldn't happen but it did. So now my question is, how can I fulfill both options to have remote support and run Google Adwords ads? Any suggestions at all?

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the INITIAL  email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

the original suspension email from google may be critical.

if there was no explanation or no explanation from google-support then,
the suspension may be permanent; permanent suspensions cannot be fixed.

for example, if the original suspension was due to
business-process or business-model related issues,
the suspension can be permanent and nothing can be done.

there are many many business-processes and business-models

that may violate the underlying policies, so the specific types of

businesses are usually not on certification tests or documents;

there may be examples of violations to help with understanding.

ad-accounts cannot be deleted, by design --
ad-accounts can only be canceled or unlinked.

normally, google-accounts should never be deleted.

canceled or unlinked ad-accounts or deleted google-accounts,
have no affect on permanent suspensions since the advertiser
is suspended, not any specific account.

this is mainly a peer-to-peer forum and forum-members do not have access
to any account histories or any communication among the support-teams,
policy-teams, or advertisers.

generally, if there is a chance to reinstate an account, the original
account, original website and content, and original ad, must be fixed.

posting the original site url and the original email from google, here
on the forum, minus any personal or private information, may allow
others to offer more specific suggestions.

see also
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375414
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6381844

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Below is the original email that doesn't specify the exact reason my account was suspended. Like I said before, the Adwords Manager told me that downloads like team viewer on our site is forbidden. Being a full IT company, we do need these thinks so customers can get remote support from our technicians. Our website URL is http://www.univisioncomputers.com/

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the
account:

Customer ID: ?????????

Policy violation:
Untrustworthy Behavior

About this violation:
When we suspend an advertiser for untrustworthy behavior, it typically means there is something fundamentally wrong with the business itself, posing an immediate threat to our users' safety -- whether online or offline. Examples of untrustworthy behavior include enticing users to part with money or information under false or unclear pretenses; presenting a false identity, business name, or contact information; charging users for products or services typically available for free; and sites that are "phishing" for users' information.

We take untrustworthy behavior very seriously and consider them to be an egregious violation of our policies. In determining whether an advertiser or site is untrustworthy, we may review information from multiple sources including your ad, website, accounts, and third party sources. Advertisers or sites that are found to be untrustworthy will be immediately suspended and won't be allowed to advertise with us again.

See the policy:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en_US#368

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1703646?utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=su....

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like to reach us, you can contact us through the methods described at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en_US.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Univision C

In simple words: The issue here is with the business model. Your business model cannot be promoted on Google.

Untrustworthy promotion means that the business model or the business practices you have adopted / conducted were found unacceptable and your business cannot be promoted on Google.

Run a search for "tech support " or "IT tech support" - you'll find dozens of discussions on the subject; This topic has been extensively discussed on the community;
Your account will NOT be reinstated, and any other account you'll open will be suspended, so I would not even try that.

Sorry, but we cannot help.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Google doesn't allow remote technical support, I need to provide End User License's for any downloads provided on my site, Install and Uninstall steps of software. After I have completed all of these, then I can have my ads running again. Found this article with the exact same issue with several people commenting about Google Adwords Reps and policies.

https://successfulsoftware.net/2015/03/04/google-bans-hyperlinks/

It's too bad that dishonest people have to ruin it for others. Having an honest local business labelled as "Untrustworthy Behavior."

Thanks for help anyways guys!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I don't think the "download" is the issue here; it's the whole business model.
I doubt if you set all "downloads" correcly the account will be un-suspended- but you can try....

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
That doesn't seem right though. Our business is completely legitimate. We are a full service IT company that's been helping businesses with their IT needs since 1989. There is nothing false about our company. Could you explain this business model or provide a link to an explanation of Google's business model?