AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Due to Payment

[ Edited ]
PMC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
PMC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello -

I am a long time AdWords user and have an MCC account. One day, I opened my Adwords account and found all our accounts are suspended. I've put in several tickets, tweets and calls and can't get any answers other than "suspicious payment activity" but it is a credit card that I own?

The only thing I can think of is that I used the same credit card on multiple accounts, but I checked and didn't see that violated any TOS.

Thank you kindly for any help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PMC
November

Suspended Due to Payment

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick C,

It is odd to of never received the email alert. But it is a good sign that the card has five new charges, which we can assume is for your accounts. If those charges are cleared successfully, you should see the account come back to life... or it could be for remaining balance on those accounts and nothing will happen afterwards. If the amounts are cents, that should suggest test pings, which is good. If the amounts are larger dollar amounts, it's 50/50 as to whether they are tests or balances due (or both). 

Since you have an AdWords Manager Account and mange multiple accounts, you should be seen as an agency and given a bit more help with this (over a new, single account that is hit with this). I would give it till tomorrow and if the accounts are not back on, I would call AdWords support and see if they can help. You can contact AdWords Support and they can access your account with you, whereas we cannot here. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Suspended Due to Payment

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick C,

It can be accepted to use the same payment method on more than one AdWords account, so there must be something else that has triggered the shutdown. When AdWords does this, they are doing it to protect your assets... and theirs.

With that said, if something goes wrong with the payment method with one of the accounts, such as the bank declining it, then it triggers across all accounts that use that payment method and shuts them all down. So, in this respect, using the same card for multiple accounts can be a bad thing. Once the account(s) sits with the inactive payment source for a period of time, it can trigger the suspicious activity flag.

This is another reason why all users of AdWords want to have current email address and opt in to get messages from AdWords so that any issues are addresses immediately. 

Are you able to access the accounts and get to the billing section? 

Kind Regards,

James

Suspended Due to Payment

PMC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
PMC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James -

Thank you so much for your insight, that is really helpful. Yes, I'm able to see the billing section in the accounts. Also the accounts are linked to our American Express card, which is never an issue.

Also update today - I saw 5 random charges from Google Adwords, is this perhaps a test charge they are doing from the billing end?

So weird I never got a warning or any flag from them, just WHAM, all of our accounts suspended!

Also how much longer do you think it will be before it is reviewed and the suspension is removed?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PMC
November

Suspended Due to Payment

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick C,

It is odd to of never received the email alert. But it is a good sign that the card has five new charges, which we can assume is for your accounts. If those charges are cleared successfully, you should see the account come back to life... or it could be for remaining balance on those accounts and nothing will happen afterwards. If the amounts are cents, that should suggest test pings, which is good. If the amounts are larger dollar amounts, it's 50/50 as to whether they are tests or balances due (or both). 

Since you have an AdWords Manager Account and mange multiple accounts, you should be seen as an agency and given a bit more help with this (over a new, single account that is hit with this). I would give it till tomorrow and if the accounts are not back on, I would call AdWords support and see if they can help. You can contact AdWords Support and they can access your account with you, whereas we cannot here. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

All the Best,

James

Suspended Due to Payment

PMC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
PMC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

meant to check in here - turns out this was an error and the suspension was lifted about a month later. I was lucky to get someone nice on the phone to look into it Smiley Happy