AdWords
5.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop in CTR & Conversion Rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

A warm Afternoon!!

I am facing a wired issue in my brand campaigns related to CTR and CR%. Since Last Week my Brand Campaign is facing a deep in number (CTR & CR). Well i have check all the possible reasons or change history which may be triggered this issue. Kindly help me to pin point this issue or guide me look at the right Reports for this problem identification.

Regards

Kamal

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Crish,

It looks like a nice Spring morning at my end, however, thx for the good wish, it's gonna be an afternoon sooner or later ... Smiley Happy

Branding campaigns are typically focused on metrics other than CTR and CR; mostly and primarily on the number of impressions. Hence if it is in fact a branding campaign I'd suggest you to neglect CTR or CR and keep your full attention focused on impressions.

If CTR and CR are important to you for some reason, I'd say that some sort of fluctuation in their values may be normal, just a natural variation. If the drop persists and causes an issue, you may consider various possible reasons: changes in the advertising landscape, seasonality, some gossip spreading widely, unexpected media coverage, etc. just to mention the ones that may cause serious damage.

You are advised to identify the actual reason first, upon which you may want to think of a remedy or counter-measure.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Crish

Check in Ads Preview Tool if some of your competitors has started to target ads to your brand. Also check search impressions share - if this stat dropped in last past days, probably on of your competitors is stealing your traffic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukasz

Thanks for the reply, i have check the Search Impression share and auction report also and both of them seems normal and Search Impression Share remains same in past week. should i check any other metrics for solution.

Kindly let me know.

Regards

Kamal

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Lukasz,

In addition of the above replies, you should also check the trends of the keywords on Google Trends.

You need to check and identify external factors. e.g I have faced one time when Indian Government have banned the currency in India and observed a sudden drop in CTR.  

Many times the CTR does increase / decrease due to external factors, and we are trying to find the AdWords Internal reasons.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rakesh, This Google Trends data shows significant drop in Interest of Brand Keywords.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Crish,

Hope you got the answer why your campaigns CTR dropped!

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’