AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Stuck in an infinite loop when signing in to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have access to several Google Accounts - some belonging to clients and one belonging to myself.

I can access the Google Adwords linked to my clients Google accounts, however, after setting up some Ads yesterday on my own Google Account, I can no longer log in to my own Google Adwords. It just puts me on an infinite loop within my Chrome Browser. It does the same in Safari and Firefox.

I'm on a 3,5 ghz intel core i7 mac running El Capitan 10.11.5

And my Chrome browser is: Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) and allegedly up to date.

I have tried the following:

1. Restart computer

2. Restart computer and rebuild P-ram

3. Restart Chrome

4. Restart Chrome with all extensions disabled

5. Delete all Cache, History and Cookies and re do 1 and 3 above.

Still the problem persists. I can access my clients Google Adwords account but not my own. When I access my own it shows the Google logo top left, and my email address for my Google Account top right... but then on an infinite loop it shows 'Loading' in the centre of the screen then goes blank, then continues to reload the page with logo top left and email address top right, then loading again... then blank etc.... so on and so forth.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I can now no longer access my adwords to monitor them!? So frustrating!

Thank you in advance.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary W
August

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 17
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey David,

This is now sorted. As mentioned to Josh above, I think what happened was... I was originally invited some time ago by an ex-colleague to join Adwords. Because we fell out, when I joined Adwords, it wanted confirmation from him which he wouldn't give. I managed to get round this at the time by creating a new account but as a result, for some reason, there were 2 Adwords accounts associated with my email address (purely because I'd been invited to join). Luckily I managed to get an Adwords ID from an old email and get through to someone at the end of the phone. They have removed the second account (from the invitation) and I can now access with no problems. Thanks for taking the time to help. Really appreciate it.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Gary, 

#1 - Are you trying to handle multiple Google accounts on the same Chrome Profile? Try creating a new Chrome Profile and logging in and trying to access your account. 

#2 - I know you said you disabled your extensions but just to be sure, you disabled ad blocker? 

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there Joshua,

I am accessing multiple accounts already on the same Chrome Profile as I log in and out of various Google Adwords accounts on a regular basis for multiple clients. I can assure you though, that the same issue occurs using Incognito mode. Which is why I don't understand why it's only going into infinite loop on my own personal account and not all my client accounts.

Yes I definitely disabled ad pop up blocker. Is there another I am unaware of though?

Can you explain how I set up a new Chrome profile please? Can it be done via the browser or do I HAVE to use Terminal and Bash? Bear in mind I'm on mac and not PC and generally leave the complexities of Terminal and Bash to the IT crowd. Please be concise if I have to use bash and terminal as I don't use these on a regular basis. 

Do you think there would be any merit in me updating my system software to Sierra? I tend to hold off for a while on updates until I know for sure there is strong stability with them. Many thanks for your response.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For your info Joshua, have now updated to Sierra and no change. Issue still remains.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. I've been trying on and off to login for several weeks now thinking there was a bug that maybe Google was fixing. But I still have the issue.

The page keeps going to: 

https://adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home

And then redirects again and again...

Each time it redirects I get a welcome e-mail in my inbox.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@Darren P @Gary W

have you guys tried it in an Incognito window in Chrome?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David Kyle

Per your suggestion I just tried that but same thing.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

@Darren P

thanks for trying it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David Kyle

You're welcome! Thank you for the suggestion! Was certainly worth a shot!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

try logging-out of google:
https://accounts.google.com/Logout

or, use incognito mode.

then, do not login to google but, use the following link:
https://adwords.google.com/um/signin

otherwise, the best likely course would be to contact google directly.