AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Specific help for suspended account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords account was recently suspended. I set up my account just a week or two ago, and have run one campaign.

The messages they gave me were:

- Your account is suspended because of suspicious payment activity.

- Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified.

I am curious about three things:

1. I am using a personal bank account, not a business bank account, to bill for the advertising that I am doing. Could this be the problem?

2. I have called customer service numerous times, but they won't tell me what is wrong with my account (so I can actually fix it) because they won't put me through to the appropriate line. What options do I have?

3. I filled out an appeals form, but I am assuming that my account will be permanently suspended because I have no idea what I am doing wrong. If I fill out an appeals form once, can I do it again later? Or will they say something like: "the decision is final... you're scr*wed forever!!" and I will be left with my hands tied behind my back for the rest of my advertising life.

Sorry for the language, I am just very frustrated. A lot relies on my ability to use AdWords.

Thanks,

Peter

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Unless there is a very valid reason (large corporation where different departments have their own billing details, for example), Google expects you to use just a single account.

Opening multiple accounts is suspicious. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Peter,

Something I always ask first - have you ever run a different AdWords account, or has your credit card ever been used for a different account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have other accounts, but I have never spent any money to advertise on AdWords with these other accounts. I have my debit set up for the account, and again, I have not used it to advertise through a different account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Unless there is a very valid reason (large corporation where different departments have their own billing details, for example), Google expects you to use just a single account.

Opening multiple accounts is suspicious. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I only have one other account because I opened it as a kid, and used it for a YouTube Channel. Additionally, they sent me a message about suspicious billing information, not having multiple accounts. Also, why would having multiple accounts justify banning all of them outright, with no other reason? I'm very confused and concerned.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The most common reasons for having multiple accounts are:

1. Double serving - taking up multiple ad slots in the same search results

2. Already suspended - the solution to a suspension is to fix the problem in that account, not get around it by opening a new account

Google takes both of these scenarios seriously (as they can affect user experience), and will preemptively suspend accounts to stop the possibility of either of the above to occur.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So if this is really the issue and I sent in an appeals form acknowledging both of these accounts, what can I expect? Do you think I will still be suspended?

And just to make sure, the first of my three concerns listed in the my opening post is not an issue?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

We are not privy to what triggers suspicions from your billing details. It is possible that there is something in them that Google doesn't like.

However, whenever you have held another account, that is my first guess as to what has gone wrong.

We have heard of cases here where the original account was created long ago, and Google accepts that and inexperience in advertising as reasons to approve an appeal.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@RobSkelton covered  the background of your case. One additional note; if the account  were to be suspended due to the 2 reasons you listed, those are severe violations and the account  would not be reinstated.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’