AdWords
5.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Spam from Google Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dabbled in trying out adwords, and set my ad on "pause" while I thought more about using the service. Today I got an email with the header reading "Your ads are getting noticed. Ready for the next step?" and below it "Congratulations. Your ads have already attracted potential customers to your website."

So far as I understood it, my ads were paused and nobody should have seen them. And after checking in with customer service, I found my ads were on pause, and in fact nobody saw them. So why would I get a message saying otherwise?!

The other spam-like feature of this email, is that it is from "Anne-Marie from Google AdWords <adwords-noreply@google.com>" Why is there a name attached to this if it's a no reply email address.

Somebody from Google sent out an ad to my email with a fake name and a no reply email address with information that is totally untrue.

I expect more from Google!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Spam from Google Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

I am sorry for the confusion you seem to have been subject to, even though no harm has been done if I understand you correctly. Hope your advertising experience will improve going forward.

Best,

Lakatos