AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Spam calls: DENIED

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hello everyone. Hope you are well and are surrounded by revenue like a caterpillar nesting in a cocoon.

I would like to deviate slightly from the usual security posts and share a new feature which I think you’d like. Spam is a major pain both in emails and in calls to your mobile devices. And as advertisers, I’m sure you must get a certain amount of these calls.

So today, we are announcing an update to your Google phones with spam protection on Nexus and Android One devices. With this update, we’ll be able to warn you about potential spam callers and give you the ability to block and report these numbers. If you already have 'Caller ID' turned on, spam protection will be available on your phone once your app updates to the latest version. For more information, you can visit our Nexus Help Center.

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 3.30.03 PM.png

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more Google updates.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spam calls: DENIED

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Thanks for the update, Elijah. Spam protection on Nexus and Android One devices is really great news for lots of advertisers.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I think it's great news for end users too. I've recent noticed a huge uptick in spam calls on my phone. It's either the same organization or multiple ones following the same model. They spoof the caller ID, and when you answer you can hear the skype connecting sound. Is there a way to report numbers as they are discovered?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
My pleasure :-)

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi David, here is the process for reporting: Go to Recent calls > Tap the call you want to report as spam > Tap 'Block / report' spam and voilà

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ohhh... Pity Samsung has not adopted that feature in its latest OS update....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’