AdWords
2.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Some of Ads are being blocked and filtered.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

It's nearly six months that googlesecurecontent domain is being filtered in Iran by officials and it causes problem for advertisers. When someone clicks on an ad, if it first goes to googlesecurecontent to redirect to ad's domain. it is being blocked and user can't reach the add, and when it doesn't redirect ro googlesecurecontent first, ads work normaly and user reaches the ad's domain.

My Question is how can we bypass an ad to redirect to googlesecurecontent first? and what's the logic behind it?

Because it sometimes redirect and sometimes not.

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Vahagn.

As far as I know, every time an ad is shown and clicked, the following scenario unfolds:

- the user clicks the ad

- it is taken to a google domain, where the click is registered (as far as I've seen it's www.googleadservices.com, maybe there are others as well, but so far this is what I've seen both on the search and the display network)

- from there it is redirected to the ad's landing page

This redirect cannot be circumvented as it is vital to Google. By redirecting to their domain first they can track and record the click. And based on my experience this path (Google search or website -> googleadservices -> landing page) is always used. The click never goes directly to the landing page.

It may be possible that sometimes your connection breaks for some reason (such as the landing page domain's is not found) and the click stops on googleadservices.com and when everything works you only see the landing page and assume that the click did not go to googleadservices.com first. But as far as I know the redirection always occurs.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks AdWiser

But the problem is that i see some ads are not redirecting via googlesecurecontent. Is there any alternate method to use instead of googlesecurecontetn? For example I see the sites that use GCLID are being redirected via googlesecurecontent less.

Cheers

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Vahagn. The fact that you do not see the redirect does not mean it does not happen. Give it a try using Firefox and limit the allowed redirects (I've no idea if the same can be done in Chrome or IE so for this purpose I use Firefox) to 0. You should see that all ad clicks go to Google, or at least this is what I saw so far.

Do a search in Firefox for something that you know that shows ads. Open another tab, type about:config and click that you understand the risks and change Network.http.redirection-limit from 20 (default) to 0. Then go back to the search result page and try to click on an ad or two. You should see it takes you to googleadservices and stays there because you do not allow redirections.

Alternatively, you should check the source of a search result page and see ad links pointing to googleadservices (which are then redirected to the advertisers' landing pages).

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

And as for your question regarding any alternate methods which would allow you to avoid being redirected, there aren't any. It's something that we, advertisers, cannot control.