AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelinks not showing

SCL
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
SCL
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Over the past couple of days i have noticed that approved sitelinks and callout extensions are no longer showing when my ad is within the top 3 positions of the search network.

I am a long time advertiser with adwords and have never ran into this issue before. Is anyone else experiencing that new approved sitelinks and call out extensions are not going live when approved?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Sitelinks not showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi SCL
This is normal. Ad extensions are not guaranteed to show. Ever. However, what determines IF they show is your ad rank. If you're seeing a decrease in visibility across the board, it may be down to that. I'd have a look at your key quality metrics and see if they've taken a dive. Or equally, if your competitors CTR has increased. Specifically, pay attention to relative CTR and how it has performed in the past few days/weeks compared to when you know they were showing.

Unfortunately, even if the core quality metrics HAVE improved, there's no way to trigger them manually as it's the Google black box that ultimately determines if and when they show.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi SCL
This is normal. Ad extensions are not guaranteed to show. Ever. However, what determines IF they show is your ad rank. If you're seeing a decrease in visibility across the board, it may be down to that. I'd have a look at your key quality metrics and see if they've taken a dive. Or equally, if your competitors CTR has increased. Specifically, pay attention to relative CTR and how it has performed in the past few days/weeks compared to when you know they were showing.

Unfortunately, even if the core quality metrics HAVE improved, there's no way to trigger them manually as it's the Google black box that ultimately determines if and when they show.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi SCL and Dave_Davis,

Yes, i have also been unable to get any new extensions to show in my account since the turn of the week.

They have been approved but for some reason they are not showing when searches are made on the google search network. Zero clicks and zero impressions for extensions.

Maybe the engineers have made some background adjustments which may take time to filter through to new extensions created, and approved?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi guys.
I'm not having any issues getting new or existing extensions showing.

There are MANY reasons why extensions might not show, including lack of space in the search results and Google deciding they're not worth showing.

Best way to determine cause us to check for reduction in CTR and impression share to see if they've decreased. Check if competitors are having extensions showing and go from there.