AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Site violates policy - How to know which policy?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't run adwords on my website as Adwords says "Site violates policy". I don't have any pop-ups, crazy ads or anything that would make me violate the Adwords policies. How can I figure out what's wrong with it?

FYI the website is www.quebeccouponsrabais.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alain C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alain,

Advertisers are expected to promote their own products and services. If the purpose of your site is to send people elsewhere, that is against AdWords policy.

promoting "bridge" or "gateway" destinations that are solely designed to send users elsewhere;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alain C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alain,

Advertisers are expected to promote their own products and services. If the purpose of your site is to send people elsewhere, that is against AdWords policy.

promoting "bridge" or "gateway" destinations that are solely designed to send users elsewhere;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting... So I guess one could not promote google.com as it's a bridge to search results?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Totally. google.com would also be disqualified because it primarily exists to serve ads.

Google cares about user experience, and users expect that the site of the ad they click will have what they need. In general they do not like having to then follow another link.

This is why affiliate marketing has all but disappeared from AdWords.