AdWords
5.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended due to non-function URL in a different Adword Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I purchased a domain here https://n2house.com to run my business. I set it up, buidling content, making sure it run smooth and as fast as possible.

Problems started to appear after I register my first adword account. Right after trying to run my first ads, the status showed my site is suspended. After back and forth with Google support for a week, they tell me that my site is suspended because *ANOTHER* Adwords account run ad link to my site, and the link is broken.

I am pretty sure I only have one Adwords account. How can I am being penalized because someone else action? What is the next course of action?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Site suspended due to non-function URL in a different Adword Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After discussion with 2nd support agent, my site is finally enable. Thank you all for your support.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Andy,

It is possible that the domain was owned by someone else in the past who might have advertised it. You could check with your domain registrar for this info if you're sure you haven't created another account. In case it turns out positive, you can speak to Google and explain the situation.

However, I'd recommend checking once again if you had an account previously.

Sumanth

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Sumanth for your reply.

1. I did check many times on my part, I am 100% sure I only have one account with Google.
2. Archive.org shows my site indeed owned by someone in the past
+ The first support agent handles my case keep insisting me to contact my domain host to find the previous owner and ask this person to remove URL in his account. I find this solution is unreasonable, trying to find a person with vague and outdated contact information is not easy
+ This morning, I have contacted another support agent. This time my luck is better, she promises to raise an appeal on my case and get back to me later.

By any chance, I find the technical knowledge of Google support agent is quite limited. It's take a week to find out the root cause of my problem. Smiley Sad So frustrated, sorry for the rant and many thanks for your reply.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hmm, quite understandable. Let's wait for support to get back. Feel free to update this thread.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
A couple of other steps you can take to strengthen your case is to demonstrate site ownership - make sure you've claimed the site via Google Search Console, add GA to the site, and connect Search Console, GA, and AdWords together.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
That first rep sounds awful. Sites don't get suspended just for a broken link. It must have been a more serious issue, like malware, parked page, or business practices.

Like everybody else says, the good news is you control the domain now. If you stay calm, go through the appeal process, and prove the old problem is gone, you'll probably be fine.

(I say "probably" because there are a few suspension reasons that can't be appealed. If you bought a permabanned domain, you're out of luck.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank all for your suggestion.

I've already have my site under Google Search Console and Analytic.

Indeed the experience with Google support is quite bad. I have to tell myself to be calm and patience. I'll update this thread once I have the outcome.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After discussion with 2nd support agent, my site is finally enable. Thank you all for your support.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
That's great!

Good luck with your campaigns and feel free to reach out to this lovely community for any assistance Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar