1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Site suspended :( advice needed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello AdWords community.

My website is suspended for misleading content. I'm really not sure that I'm going to fix it as I was planning to create new website for quite some time. It seems Google just made my decision easier to just let this website.

I'm going to register a new domain and build whole new website, this time playing by the Google rules.

1. Should I create new account in this case or I can just change the ad urls in the existing account?

2. Could I get in a dangereous position if I do this with the fact I'm going to leave my current website suspended?

That being said my friend asked me to create and manage adwords acc for his business (with his credit card and all the info).

3. Will I be able to do this with my suspended site situation?

Community members please take a min and help a poor little AdWords user :I

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Meshi M

A cornerstone  in Google's Policy is fixing the violation. You will not be reinstated until you fix the site.  Abandoning the site or the domain, or opening new accounts  will NOT resolve the issue. You  must fix the site.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Meshi M
February 2017

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Create the new website on the existing domain, and get the suspension lifted.

Then, later, if you feel the new domain will help in anyway, put the site on the new domain and point ads there.

It's only a little bit more work and will keep you in Google's good books. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobSkelton, @MosheTLV

Thank you for explanation.

What about my friends business. If right now I'm unable to create new accounts, can someone else create it for my friwnd and send invite to one of my emails which have nothing to do with suspended site AdWords account? Can I then safely accept this invitation from 3rd party?

I'm not sure how this works. It would take time for me to edit or completely rebuild website on suspended domain and my friends wants me to start advertising his business in the following days.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Meshi,

There's no policy against helping a friend with their account.

However, it is up to Google to decide if that looks like you are trying to get around a suspension. I wouldn't risk it. 

To help your friend, use your friend's computer (at his normal location) and your friend's AdWords login.